Much like other types of childbirth-preparation classes, prenatal yoga is a multifaceted approach to exercise that encourages stretching, mental centering and focused breathing. Research suggests that prenatal yoga is safe and can have many benefits for pregnant women and their babies.
Research suggests that prenatal yoga can:
•Reduce stress and anxiety
•Increase the strength, flexibility and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth
•Decrease lower back pain, nausea, carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms, headaches and shortness of breath
Prenatal yoga can also help you meet and bond with other pregnant women and prepare for the stress of being a new parent. Mums to be need to be in their 2nd trimester to begin prenatal yoga. The class is open to ladies only.
Details: Saturdays 5pm
Location : Kg Sg tilong (Location will be sent via Whatsapp)
Duration: 60 minutes
Bookings: Text 8800010 to reserve a mat. Places are limited so please text to book; preferably, a day in advance.
Attire: Stretchy comfortable clothes.
Props: You can bring your own mat, though there will be mats available. Bring a towel and water / snacks.
What will I expect from the class?
The class runs for 60 minutes. The following is the class outline:
1. Breathwork and tuning in. Breath work is important to help mothers connect back with their breath and body. It is here that mothers also need to create space in their minds especially if they have had a busy and stressful week.
2. Gentle seated stretches. Introduction to space creating postures.
3. Modified sun salutations, to further warm the muscles.
4. Standing postures. Some of the standing postures require support of the wall or chair.
5. Seated postures that encourage hip opening and back releasing.
6. Pelvic floor exercises are also practised. This is why you need to strengthen your pelvic floor!
6. Rest in modified shavasana pose.